Skip to content

Contractor authorizations and permits

Safety authorities and where to get your permit

If you're starting a renovation project, you need an authorization form or permit before you install electrical products. The Technical Safety BC issues contractor authorizations for the Province of British Columbia with the exception of the jurisdictions below.

Municipalities that provide electrical permits

The following municipalities issue their own electrical permits. If you require an electrical permit for a home or premise within the following areas, please contact the municipality directly:


4949 Canada Way
Burnaby, BC
V5G 1M2

604 294 7130

Burnaby Electrical Permits

Maple Ridge

11995 Haney Place
Maple Ridge, BC
V2X 6A9

604 467 7311

Maple Ridge Electrical Permits


1 Centennial Sq.
Victoria, BC
V8W 1P6

250 361 0343

Victoria Electrical Permits


453 West 12th
Vancouver, BC
V5Y 1V4

604 873 7600

Vancouver Electrical Permits

North Vancouver (City)

141 West 14th
North Vancouver, BC
V7M 1H9

604 983 7355

City of North Vancouver Electrical Permits

North Vancouver (District)

355 West Queens Rd.
North Vancouver, BC
V7N 4N5

604 990 2480

District of North Vancouver Electrical Permits

West Vancouver

750 17th Street
West Vancouver, BC
V7V 3T3

604 925 7040

West Vancouver Electrical Permits


14245 56th Avenue
Surrey, BC
V3X 3A2

604 591 4240

Surrey Electrical Permits