Late payment and disconnection
If you don't pay your bill by the due date
- A late payment charge will be added to your account.
- Your account may require a security deposit.
- BC Hydro may discontinue electrical service, which can also lead to a reconnection charge. Learn about non-payment disconnections in winter.
- If you’re a residential customer facing a higher than expected winter bill, give our customer team a call at
1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376).
Promise to pay late
If you can't pay before your bill is due, you may be able to defer a payment online using MyHydro. Your account must be in good standing and all past payment arrangements must have been met.
If the amount owing is not paid by the date on your bill, a late payment charge will be applied to your account and your credit rating with BC Hydro may be affected.
Tell us that you made a payment
If you've made a payment after the due date, you can avoid a disruption of service by providing the details of your payment using MyHydro.
Keeping up with your BC Hydro bills
- Consider using online billing to ensure you receive your bills as quickly as possible, and optional emails to remind you when your bill is due.
- Set up pre-authorized payments to withdraw your bill amount directly from your bank account.
- Set up equal payments each month to make budgeting easier and spread your electricity costs over the year.
- Use your Visa or MasterCard for a one-time payment or to pay automatically every month by credit card. A service fee applies for each payment.
- Get tips to save energy and lower your bill.
If your service has been disconnected
Find out the steps to take if your service has been disconnected.