Request building usage history
If you need historical electricity use data for your multi-unit residential, strata property or mixed-used building, you can request it online.
Before you begin, make sure you've reviewed our information about accessing building usage history.
- A list of service addresses or BC Hydro account numbers
- The time period you need data for, typically the past 12 months
- If you're a contractor or consultant: proof of authorization [PDF, 59 KB] from the BC Hydro account holder that you have consent to request this data
What to expect after you submit your request:
- We can process most requests within five business days. If it'll take longer, we'll contact you.
- You'll receive a report (.xls format) that shows the building's electricity use data for the specified time period, down to the shortest time interval available for the account type.
- If demand and power factor are measured for the address, it will be included.
- If possible, we'll include a summary for you or your contractor.
BC Hydro collects the personal information you provide on this form for the purpose of verifying and fulfilling your Electrical Data request (building usage history). This information is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of your personal information as described in this notice, please contact BC Hydro Energy Data Request email@example.com.
By clicking submit you warrant that you are authorized to request this consumption data and understand that BC Hydro may require additional proof to verify the request.