B.C.'s EV charger rebate program
For a limited time, BC Hydro is matching the provincial offer for single-family homes, allowing you to get up to a $700 rebate for the purchase and installation of an eligible EV charger.
Incentive for Home Chargers
Applicable to single-family homes, townhouses or duplexes.Apply now
Incentive for Apartment or Workplace ChargersApply for pre-approval
CleanBC Go Electric rebates for home and workplace EV chargers
BC Hydro is working with the Government of B.C. and FortisBC to offer provincial rebates for the purchase and installation of electric vehicle (EV) chargers to get homes and workplaces across B.C. ready for EVs. It's all part of the province's Clean BC plan to make clean transportation more affordable and accessible for British Columbians. Visit Go Electric to learn more about the plan and read the full strategy.
The EV charger rebate program came into effect on September 26, 2019. The program is funded by the Government of B.C.
EV charger rebate offers
Rebates are available to support individuals, organizations, buildings, and companies.
- Single-family homes: Up to 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible, new, Level 2 charging equipment, to a maximum of $350 per approved charging station.
- Eligible chargers must be ordered, purchased and installed on or after September 26, 2019.
- Condo and apartment rebates depend on when the building was constructed with respect to municipal bylaws requiring EV-ready parking stalls. Pre-approval is required.
- Constructed prior to municipal bylaws: Up to 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible, new, Level 2 (208-volt or 240-volt) charging stations or energized outlets to a maximum of $14,000 (no more than $2,000 per station). Dual-port stations count as two.
- Constructed after municipal bylaws: Up to 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible, new, Level 2 (208-volt or 240-volt) charging stations to a maximum of $5,000 (no more than $350 per station). Dual-port stations count as two.
- Condo/apartment customers must submit their application for pre-approval on or after September 26, 2019 to be eligible for rebates.
- Workplaces: Up to 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible, new, Level 2 charging equipment, to a maximum of $14,000 (no more than $2,000 per station). Pre-approval is required.
Eligible condos, apartments and workplace organizations can have separate applications for different sites, up to a maximum of four.
EV Charging Station Advisor for condos, apartments and workplaces
Condos, apartments and workplaces looking to install EV charging stations can get up to five hours of free advice and planning assistance from an expert in EV charging and equipment.
These customers can request help from an EV Advisor via email here.
Single-family home, duplex or townhouse applicants who have questions about the program can email email@example.com.
Charger rebate eligibility
Owners of single-family homes, including duplexes and townhomes with private garages or dedicated parking, can apply for a rebate. All work must be completed, and applications submitted within 90 days after the installation of the charging station, or by March 31, 2020, whichever comes first.
Check your eligibility for a charger rebate
You can quickly confirm that you're eligible using the EV charger rebate eligibility tool. It will take less than three minutes to answer 5 simple questions.
Learn about the charger rebate offers and eligibility for apartments and condos here.
Learn about the charger rebate offers and eligibility for workplaces here.