Skip to content

Single-residential new building & renovation connections

You can submit your request online using a computer, smartphone or tablet

Work with your electrical contractor to make sure you’ve got all the information you need when:

  • Installing a new connection
  • Requesting a connection for a construction site
  • Changing an existing connection
  • Removing an existing connection

Your electrical contractor will use their MyHydro profile to:

  • Request an electrical service that is appropriate for your home.
  • Provide the required details about the required connection.
  • Send you a link so that you can confirm the request.

At any time you can link your MyHydro profile to the request created by your electrical contractor. This enables you to confirm your request and, if necessary, apply for electrical service. You can also:

  • Confirm and accept service charges
  • Monitor the status of your request.

Our staff will check your application to make sure that:

  • Your electrical contractor has completed all the necessary steps
  • Your electrical contractor has provided us with an online declaration so we know we can safely connect your service.
  • You have accepted the connection charges.

In this final step, our team will forward the request to our qualified BC Hydro Power Line Technicians and/or Meter Technicians to install the meter and connect the wires.

Start a request     View my requests    Create a profile

If you've already started a request

Either you or your electrical contractor may have already initiated an electrical connection request. You can view and manage requests by logging in with your MyHydro profile. You can link requests to your MyHydro profile with the connection request number that has been assigned.

Reference guides and technical information

It is important to know your service details before you start the service connection request. Our reference guides are here to help make sure you have all of the information you need.