Using our MyHydro online application for electrical service connection requests
We've made it easier for you to initiate and manage electrical service connection requests through an online application, available in MyHydro.
The online application is available to BC Hydro customers, electrical contractors, property developers, electrical consultants and project managers, and is accessible through any device, including a smart phone or tablet.
- make electrical service connection requests, including new connections and modifications to existing connections
- see the status of your projects
- retrieve and submit information
If you have an existing servcie connection that requires a BC Hydro designer, it's easy to manage it online using Learn how to manage your projects using MyHydro [PDF, 638 KB].
If you have a complex connection request that requires a BC Hydro designer, you can initiate this request and manage it online. Once the request is created, you can:
- view project status, timelines, milestones, action items and responsibilities;
- share and exchange documents, forms and project drawings with our design team;
- give your project representatives (e.g. electrical contractors, property developers, electrical consultants, project managers, etc.) access to the project so that they can view and update information;
- make a request for the property owner to complete an authorization for design and construction payment account form and the application for a BC Hydro account
We've enhanced the single residential connections application so that, you can now:
- submit a request without first needing to complete the electrical declaration;
- select the address for your request using an interactive map;
- save a draft of your request to complete later.