Get your service reconnected
If your electrical service has been disconnected because of payment problems, you must:
- Pay the total amount owing (see your payment options).
- Call us to report the payment and request a reconnection.
- Before we can reconnect power, we'll need to confirm that all electrical equipment is turned off or disconnected, particularly heat-producing appliances and devices such as stoves, space heaters and clothes irons.
BC Hydro charges $30 plus GST to reconnect your electrical service.
Call BC Hydro to get your service reconnected
- Start by contacting Customer Service: 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376).
- Residential and business customers under the Small General Service Rate can use the automated phone system to request a reconnection. Larger business customers will need to speak to a customer service representative to arrange a reconnection.
If your electricity is off because of a power outage
You don't need to request a reconnection. Find out the latest status and estimated restoration times of current outages.
Avoid a service disconnection
- Pay your bill by the due date. The due date can be found in the top right corner of your bill. If you have an online account you can opt to receive a bill reminder email 5 days before your bill is due.
- If you know you won't be able to pay your bill on time, you may be able to defer a payment. If you have a MyHydro account you can defer a payment online or by calling our customer service team at 1 800 BC HYDRO (1 800 224 9376).
- If no payment is received by the due date, a late charge of 1.5% per month will be added to your account for unpaid amounts of $30 or more. We will then attempt to contact you by phone, mail, or email to remind you to pay. If no action is taken we may disconnect your electricity service.
- If you make a late payment, report the payment online or by calling our customer service team.